Spring has sprung! But let’s be real, for most of us, the thought of spring cleaning is about as appealing as eating Brussels sprouts (sorry Brussels sprouts lovers, but you know it’s true). But fear not! With these 10 tips, you can achieve spring cleaning success without breaking a sweat.
- Who knew that taking pictures could be so helpful? By snapping pics of each room in your house, you can get a fresh perspective on what needs to be done. Plus, it’s like being the editor of your own home magazine – and who doesn’t want to be a magazine editor?
Make a list.
- Lists aren’t just for grocery shopping, people! Prioritize what needs to be done, but don’t be afraid to add some fun tasks in there too. Dance party while dusting, anyone?
Space it out.
- Rome wasn’t cleaned in a day, so don’t expect your home to be either. Divide and conquer by tackling one room at a time, or one day at a time. You got this!
Gather your tools.
- You can’t clean without the right tools. So, gather up all your cleaning supplies, from plastic gloves to your favorite cleansers, and get ready to make your home sparkle.
- Labeling is like a game of hide-and-seek for your belongings. Label empty storage bins and containers to make tidying up a breeze. It’s like magic, but with Sharpies.
- Out with the old, in with the new! Sometimes it’s easier to just toss things instead of trying to clean them. Use the three-box method to label what’s trash, what’s donate-able, and what’s worth keeping.
- It’s time to get down and dirty (in the clean way, of course). Start from the top and work your way down – that way, you won’t undo all your hard work.
- A clean home should smell clean too, right? Identify the sources of any funky smells and deodorize them. Your nose will thank you.
Prepare for upkeep.
- Now that your home is sparkling, it’s time to keep it that way. Keep your most-used cleaning supplies in a caddy and make sure you’re stocked up on everything you need. And don’t forget to remove your shoes – your carpets will thank you too.
- Cleaning is not a one-person job, so don’t be afraid to ask for help from your roommates or family members. And if all else fails, call in the pros – because sometimes, you just need to treat yourself to a little help.
So there you have it, folks! With these tips, you’ll be well on your way to a clean and organized home. And remember, even if you don’t get through everything on the list, you still deserve a pat on the back for trying.
Photo by Heather Ford on Unsplash